Thursday, June 27, 2019

Shooting Birds at Warduwer Beach of Raja Ampat

Still about birding in Warduwer beach of Waigeo island, I see more birds in the mornings and in the evenings. The branches in tall trees are the places where birds like to sit. I like to photograph birds that I see. During my recent birding walk at the beach, I made photos of Palm Cockatoo, Claret-breasted Fruit Dove, Hooded Butcherbird, Singing Starling, and a lot more. I had put some pictures of them in my previous posts.
Palm Cockatoo
Birds in Waigeo island of Raja Ampat
Claret-breasted Fruit-Dove

Hooded Butcherbird (Cracticus cassicus) in Waigeo island of Raja Ampat
Hooded Butcherbird
Mimic Meliphaga  (Meliphaga analoga)
Mimic Meliphaga
It was not easy to take pictures of birds in distant trees. I sometimes have to try different settings of my camera. I also have to stabilize my hand or even hold my breath to minimize my body movements. Canon 200D is a camera for beginning level user of a D-SLR camera. The use of Tamron 150-600 mm greatly enhances its reach. However, I don't always get good pictures of birds that I shoot. For instance, when I shot a Red Bird of Paradise in high tree, it was too far from me. I could not make sharp pictures. However, I am satisfied that Warduwer beach is a great place for birdwatching. I highly recommend this place as an easy birding site for visitors who want to visit Waigeo island of Raja Ampat. 
Red Bird of Paradise (Paradisaea rubra) in Waigeo island of Raja Ampat
Red Bird of Paradise
A beach resort will soon operate at this beach. Its name is Raja Ampat Flow Resort (RAFLOW). More trees and flower plants will be planted in the beach so it will look greener and beautiful. I expect to see more birds and butterflies at this beach. 
Coral reef is the rainforest of the sea. A lot of soft coral in the sea looks like flowers. Warduwer beach has got coral reef that is very beautiful. Visitors can enjoy swimming, and snorkeling to see the "flowers" and the fish. I often organize sightseeing boat tour, snorkeling, hiking and birdwatching in Raja Ampat for tourists who want to see this beautiful archipelago.
If you plan to visit Raja Ampat and want me to guide you, please, contact me (Charles Roring) by email to: peace4wp@gmail.com or by whatsapp to: +6281332245180.

Merchandise

Please, support this blog by buying art drawings and illustrations of wild animals and plants in the form of prints on various products as follows:

Watercolour Sketch of Bird

Watercolour Sketch of Bird
Fruit Dove from Tropical Rainforest

Vector Art Drawing in Inkscape

Vector Art Drawing in Inkscape
Swimming with Whaleshark

Vector art illustration in Inkscape

Vector art illustration in Inkscape
Baby leatherback turtle was reaching for the sea

Drawing of Paradise Bird

Drawing of Paradise Bird
Lesser Birds of Paradise art print on classic T-shirt

Digital Drawing in Autodesk Sketchbook

Digital Drawing in Autodesk Sketchbook
A Couple of Red Bird of Paradise