Saturday, June 8, 2019

Beautiful Fruit Dove in Raja Ampat

I did some birding again this afternoon at Warduwer beach of Waigeo island. It is the location of Raja Ampat Flow (RAFLOW) Resort. There are trees on the side of the slope road that connects the beach resort and the main road. Fruits similar to red berry were hanging in small twigs of the tall tree. There were birds that were eating the fruits. 
Beautiful Fruit Dove (Ptilinopus pulchellus)
Beautiful Fruit Dove
I walked closer to the tree and stood on the slope trying to find birds that could easily be shot using my camera. In less than one minute, I was able to see one bird that landed on the tip of a small branch closer to where I stood. Its name was Beautiful Fruit Dove. There were other birds that were eating the fruits but they were higher.
Birding in Raja Ampat
Beautiful Fruit Dove at Warduwer Beach of Waigeo island
I turned on my camera, adjust its setting and then wait until the bird was clearly visible. He was trying to reach a ripe red berry near the tip of the branch. I quickly aimed my camera at him and pressed its shutter button several times. 
Willie Wagtail
After eating the fruit, he continued walking and jumping on to another twig and sat there for a few seconds. I followed him by my camera and made some pictures. 
Shining Flycatcher
Shining Flycatcher
I thought I had made some good shots of the Beautiful Fruit Dove. In the contrary, my pictures were too bright. Now I am editting my pictures using photodirector. I have to adjust their brightness so that the colors will look more balanced. 
I also saw several other birds during my afternoon walk among the trees of Warduwer beach. Some of them were Willie Wagtail, Singing Starling, Blyth's Hornbill, Hooded Butcherbird, and Shining Flycatcher. 
The front waters of Warduwer beach has got very nice coral reef. In general, Raja Ampat is the best or the richest in the world for Marine Biodiversity. When I enjoyed snorkeling at this beach, I took a lot of pictures of the fish, reef and other marine animals. 
Coral reef of Warduwer beach
If you plan to visit Indonesia and do birdwatching or snorkeling in Raja Ampat, I highly recommend that you go to Warduwer beach. RAJA AMPAT FLOW (RAFLOW) RESORT will be a good place to stay. 
If you want me to be your guide, please, contact me (Charles Roring) by email to: peace4wp@gmail.com or by whatsapp to: +6281332245180.

Merchandise

Please, support this blog by buying art drawings and illustrations of wild animals and plants in the form of prints on various products as follows:

Watercolour Sketch of Bird

Watercolour Sketch of Bird
Fruit Dove from Tropical Rainforest

Vector Art Drawing in Inkscape

Vector Art Drawing in Inkscape
Swimming with Whaleshark

Vector art illustration in Inkscape

Vector art illustration in Inkscape
Baby leatherback turtle was reaching for the sea

Drawing of Paradise Bird

Drawing of Paradise Bird
Lesser Birds of Paradise art print on classic T-shirt

Digital Drawing in Autodesk Sketchbook

Digital Drawing in Autodesk Sketchbook
A Couple of Red Bird of Paradise