|Golden Myna (Mino anais)|
Availability: All year round
Destination: Rainforest of Klasow valley (look at the map below)
Price: it depends on the number of participants and duration of the tour (usually 3 to 6 days)
This price includes transportation by 4WD between Sorong and Klasow valley, food during the trip in the jungle, basic accommodation in the jungle hut, fee to local guides, cooks, contribution to the villagers).
The price does not include airfare to Sorong city, personal expenses, and travel insurance, hotel accommodation in Sorong city before and after your tour.
I can also arrange a snorkeling trip to Raja Ampat after the jungle tour.
As a tour guide, I frequently receive requests from visitors who are interested in trekking, camping and wildlife watching in the jungle near Sorong.
There is no hotel in the jungle, visitors will stay in a basic accommodation in the jungle.
|Jungle walk in Klasow valley|
I will meet you at the airport of Sorong town. We will stop for a while at a traditional market to buy some vegetables, fish, and fruits that we need during the tour. After that we can continue our trip to Klasow valley by 4WD car. The car will stop in the valley and then we need to continue walking through the jungle. Along the way, we will be able to hear the sounds of birds such as kingfishers, cockatoo and hornbills.
You will need to wake up early in the morning at 04.30 local time. There is some hot water available for you to make tea or coffee. We will start walking when it is still dark to reach the display tree of birds of paradise. We will watch the birds until approximately 09.00.
After that, we will walk back to the village where we will be able to watch birds, butterfly and see various species of tropical plants that grow in the jungle.
During the day, we can start to have a tour around the forest to see plants that the indigenous people use as herbs, to make hunting gear or to construct their houses.
|Pinon Imperial Pigeon (Ducula pinon)|
We will do night walk to find wallaby (a species of small ground kangaroo that usually comes out at night to find food and mating)
You will be transferred back to Sorong city.
|Lesser Birds of Paradise|
- Lesser Birds of Paradise (Paradisaea minor)
- King Bird of Paradise (Cicinnurus regius)
- Magnificent riflebird (Ptiloris magnificus)
- Twelve-wired Birds of Paradise
- Northern Cassowary (Casuarius unappendiculatus)
- Moustached Tree-Swift
- Glossy Swiftlet
- Palm Cockatoo (Probosciger aterrimus)
- Sulphur Crested Cockatoo (Cacatua galerita)
- Eclectus Parrot (Eclectus parrot)
- Large Fig Parrot (Micropsittaculirostris desmarestii)
- Lowland Peltop
- Golden Myna (Mino anais)
- Yellow Faced Myna (Mino dumontii)
- Pinon Imperial Pigeon (Ducula pinon)
- Pink-spotted Fruit-Dove
- Beautiful Fruit-Dove
- Wompoo Fruit-Dove
- Yellow-billed Kingfisher
- Forest Kingfisher
- Dwarf Kingfisher (Ceyx lepidus)
- Rufous-bellied Kookaburra (Dacelo gaudichaud)
- Papuan hornbill (Rhyticeros plicatus)
- Hooded Pitta
- Northern Cassowary
- Brahminy Kite (Haliastur indus)
- Black Sunbird
- and etc.
If you are interested in taking a rainforest hiking tour or birding tour in Sorong regency, the route to get there:
- Fly from your country to Jakarta (the capital of Indonesia)
- Fly from Jakarta to Sorong city (by one of the domestic airlines such as Garuda Indonesia, Sriwijaya Air, Express Air, or Lion Air)
- I will meet you at the airport and organize your tour to Klasow valley