|Lesser Birds of Paradise in Arfak range of Manokwari|
Recommendes birding sites
Some birding sites in Arfak mountains that I recommend are as follows
- Mupi Gunung is for watching Blyth's hornbill, sulphur crested cockatoo, Lesser birds of paradise, Western Parotia, Vogelkop bowerbird, Flame bowerbird, blacksickle bill, brownsickle bill, Papuan frogmouth, and etc. Mupi Gunung is the best destination for anybody who is interested in everything rainforest. As a matter of fact, its vocal point for wildlife watching is tree kangaroo.
- Warmarway village - this is the recommended site for watching Lesser birds of paradise. Lower montane forest birds such as sulphur crested cockatoo, pinon imperial pigeon and Brahminy kite can also be seen in the forest.
- Kwau village (for watching Western Parotia, Magnificent birds of paradise, and Vogelkop bowerbirds). You need to take a long car trip from Manokwari to the village.
- Fly to Jakarta, the capital of Indonesia.
- After that, take a domestic flight that is offered by Garuda Indonesia Airways, Lion Air, Sriwijaya Air, or Express Air to Manokwari.
- The next morning, you can continue your trip to the mountain range of Arfak to watch birds of paradise. You need to be physically fit if you want to go trekking birdwatching and wildlife watching in Manokwari.
I can arrange a birding and trekking trip for you. Your destinations can be Manokwari, Numfor island, Sorong regency, Kaimana or Raja Ampat. Please, contact me by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending text message to my cell phone: +6281332245180.